Sunday, September 27, 2009

Childhood (Shounenki)

When I was sad, I used to walk out of the neighborhood
and gazed at the light of an electric pole

I was only seven, so it was like a shining fantasy
to see the small pieces of rainbow twinkling at the light
while I was looking up with tears in my eyes.

They changed their shapes every time I blink.
It was as if I was dreaming in the twilight,
so I stayed there fascinated until I was scolded back.

Oh, dear.
Why am I going to be an adult?
Oh, dear.
When am I going to be an adult?

When I woke up, I saw the evening glow of sunset outside the window.
And I felt strangely lonely, rubbing my eyes.

Ah, yes.
I had played in the sunlight, got tired and had fallen sound asleep.

In my dream, could I freely walk in the blue sky,
but now that I woke out of the dream, I can not fly.
And the beautiful evening sky is such far away.

Oh, dear.
Why am I going to be an adult?
Oh, dear.
When am I going to be an adult?

By : Tetsuya Takeda

No comments: