Monday, August 26, 2013

Innocent World

Artist: Mr. Children
Title: Innocent World
Words: Sakurai Kazutoshi
Music: Sakurai Kazutoshi

We embraced each other with our backs turned to the darkening city.
Those days seize my heart.
When my thoughtless words hurt you. And then you were gone.
These days, this miserable man reflecting in the window
has become dear to me as well.

Ah in the way that I do, I hold onto the dream I refused to throwaway
and keep walking to the end is that all right, mr. myself ?

All the time my heart goes along easily and gently
with this melody overflowing in my chest.
I’ll climb the sunny slope, but before this, I’d like to meet you again
somewhere.

Recently even our dinner topics are spoiled by business,
if we look at everything from so many angles
then we lose sight of ourselves.

Through a series of intricate relationships,
I can make the accounts balance but,
Ah you are unaffected in your quiet little life,
sometimes it’s like you just let the wind decide your fate
Isn’t that right, oh Miss yourself ?

Being hit by a weary June rain.
remembering the season I was full of love I sing !
Somewhere along the way I had forgotten but
show me something like a smile
and my uncertain feelings will be liberated
to the other side of the rainbow.

In street corners that keep changing,
the fragments of dreams come to life.
Oh except now,
and then just as I am, tomorrow as well I intend to continue on
toward this far away light in my chest. Is that all right, mr. myself?

All the time the melody overflowing in my chest,
my kind and gentle heart aches.
before I climb the sunny slope
it would be nice if we could meet again somewhere

At that time I’ll be laughing, going to the other side of the rainbow.
Innocent World. eternally continuing innocent world.

Translated by: Brian Stewart & Takako Sakuma.

No comments: